In this article, you will read comprehensive notes file explorer in windows 10. So here we begin!
Comprehensive Notes File Explorer in Windows 10
In the next section of notes File Explorer in Windows 10 lets understand what is file xplorer?
What is a file explorer?
- User Files: User files stores the logged-in user’s data.
- Computer or This PC: It displays the list of folders and files in specific drives.
- Recycle Bin: Stores deleted files from the computer.
- Folders and File: Folders created by the user on desktop and files saved by the user on the desktop.
The next topic in notes File Explorer in Windows 10 is functions of file explorer.
- Provides a GUI based interface to the user
- Allows folder related operations
- One unit to access all the files and folders
- Managing files and folders
- Navigating through different folder locations in the computer
Now understand how to access it? This is very important topic for notes File Explorer in Windows 10.
How to access it?
- Double click on This PC icon on the desktop
- From folder icon on Taskbar
- From Start Menu
- By pressing Windows + E from the keyboard
- Title Bar: Located at the top of every window
- Ribbon: Ribbon has different tabs of commands categorized in different groups
Now its you will be getting familiar wtih parts of file explorer parts of windows notes File Explorer in Windows 10.
The following parts you may see in a window:
- Address Bar: This part displays the path of currently opened folder in file explorer. User can navigate through any folder by typing the folder path in the address bar. The address can be written in this manner: Drive Letter:/Folder 1/Folder 2/ Folder 3/…../Folder N.
- Search bar: It is located to next to address bar that helps the user to search files or folders.
- Navigation Pane: It is available at left side below the address bar in the window.
- Folders Pane: Displays folders in two categories: Frequent folders and recent files. The frequent folders display all folders you are opening frequently. Recent files display files in order of their opening time previously.
So after identifying the parts of file explorer screen, lets check the commands or tasks can be done in file explorer for notes File Explorer in Windows 10.
- Navigation through different folders: The navigation pane allows to open any folder with just a single click.
- Create a folder: User can create a new folder by using this option.
- Rename a folder: You can rename a folder anytime by using this option.
- Delete a folder: Sometimes folders required needs to be deleted when they are not in use. So these commands remove the folders and free the memory space.
- Cut/Copy/Paste: It allows us to move the folder from one folder to another.
- Managing folder options: This option allows to manage folder options
- Organizing file manager: Allows organizing a folder and its contents
The next section of notes File Explorer in Windows 10 explains the tabs of file explorer.
- File: It allows to open another file explorer window, command window (cmd)
- Home: It has common commands like cut, copy, paste, delete, rename, new folder etc.
- Share: It provides options for sharing such as compressing folder for emails, sending files through email etc.
- View: It provides different options to view the files and folders in file explorer. These view options can be show/hide the folder, add/remove a panel like details, preview etc.
Now let’s see how to create folder which is another subtopic of notes File Explorer in Windows 10.
Creating a folder
The next subtopic of notes File Explorer in Windows 10 is copy folder.
Copying a folder
Moving a folder
The next command for notes File Explorer in Windows 10 is rename.
Rename a folder
That’s all from the article notes File Explorer in Windows 10. I hope you learn something new. Hit the like and feel free to ask your doubts in the comment section.