Data Storage and Memory
Here I will provide assignment questions and answers for the chapter Data Storage and Memory. rea the answers and write them in your notebook. Dear students in some of the answers links are provided. Click on links to read the answer carefully and up to the point. If you have any doubt, please comment in the comment section.
Q – 1 Fill in the blanks:(Answers)
Q – 2 True or False:(Answers)
1. True 2. False 3. True 4. True 5. True
Q – 3 MCQs:(Answers)
- iii. DROM
- iii. Internal Hard Disk
- ii. SD Card
- iv. 8
- i. RAM
Q – 4 Short answer questions: ( 2 marks)
1. What is computer memory?
Ans.: A computer memory is a space in a computer which stores data either temporarily or permanently.
2. Draw a block diagram of the computer’s memory unit.
- RAM: Random Access Memory
- ROM: Read-Only Memory
- PROM: Programmable Memory
- EEPROM: Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory
- SD Card: Secure Digital Card
- CD: Compact Disc
- DVD: Digital Versatile Disc
- SRAM: Static Random Access Memory
- DRAM: Dynamic Random Access Memory
4. What are data and information?
- Data: Data means raw fact, figures and text without any meaning. Ex. 1001, Madan, 7985005261
- Information: Meaningful data is known as Information. Ex. SrNO – 1001, Name-Madan, Contact No.- 7985005261
5. What do you mean by secondary memory?
Ans.: The secondary memory is the permanent storage location of the computer.
Click here to read the answer.
Q – 5 Short answer questions: ( 3/5 marks)
Q – 1. Explain the concept of primary memory in detail.
Q – 2. What are memory units? Write a memory unit structure.
Q – 3. What is a hard disk? Explain in detail.
We hope you like the solution provided by us. Thank you for reading the complete post. If you have any queries please feel free to contact us without any hesitation.