Create references in spreadsheet – assignment provides you assignment based on link data and spreadsheet learning outcome of CBSE IT 402 class 10. I have made questions for you that helps you to learn and prepare for your exams as well.
Create references in spreadsheet – Objective type questions
Fill in the blanks, MCQs and True/False (1 Mark Questions)
1) A ________ refers to a cell or a range of cells on a worksheet and can be used to find the values or data that is used in formula to calculate.
Ans.: cell reference
2) You can’t use another spreadsheet data into the main worksheet. (True/False)
3) Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct to create a reference in the spreadsheet:
a) Data from one or more contiguous cells on the worksheet
b) Data contained in different areas of a worksheet
c) Data on other worksheets in the same workbook
d) All of these
4) To insert new worksheet, press _______ + _____ shortcut key
Ans. : Shift, F11
5) To create a cell reference in another spreadsheet you must need to start with = sign. (True/False)
6) Ms. Chandani is working on two worksheets named – Data.xlsx and profile.xlsx. She has created one cell reference into profile.xlsx from data.xlsx. The cell address is A3. So the destination cell looks like:
7) The ________ allows you to render to another document or website.
8) The hyperlink option is available under which group of insert tab?
c) Create Hyperlinks
9) A ________ field of insert hyperlink dialog box displays the address which is hyperlinked in the spreadsheet.
10) A ____ + ___ is a shortcut key of insert hyperlink.
Ans.: ctrl, k
11) You can do hyperlink on only the files saved in your computer. (True/False)
12) You can create a new file from insert hyperlink dialog box to create hyperlink. (True/False)
13) When you select Create New Document option from insert hyperlink dialog box and you can edit that document anytime by default. (True/False)
14) You cannot change the hyperlinked document once hyperlink is created. (True/False)
15) You will get remove hyperlink button from which of the following command?
a) Insert Hyperlink
b) Edit Hyperlink
c) Delete Hyperlink
d) All of these
Short answer questions (2/3 Marks) – create references in spreadsheet
 Describe the cell reference with example.
A cell reference
 Describe the purpose of linking data in spreadsheet software.
- Summarize data from several sources
- Create formulas that span different sources
- Making calculations using a combined local and linked data
- Organize the information in a good manner
 How to create a reference using keyboard in a same worksheet?
 If a reference is created in a spreadsheet, how will you know about that?
When a reference is created in any cell the cell displays:
- The sheetname!cellreference exclamation mark and cell reference in the same workbook. Ex.: Sheet1!A3
- it will display the [FileName]sheetname!cellreference from another sheet. Ex. [Book1.xlsx]Sheet1!$B$2
 Write steps to create references from other documents using a mouse.
 What is hyperlink?
 Explain all link to options available from insert hyperlink dialog box.
Long answer questions (5 Marks)
 Write steps to create a hyperlink and explain the insert hyperlink dialog box in brief.
 How to edit the existing hyperlink in the spreadsheet? Explain with a brief description.
 How to remove the hyperlink? Explain with brief description.