In this article I will discuss what if scenarios what if tools for class 10 IT students. It is part of CBSE IT 402 class 10 curriculum Unit 2 Electronic Spreadsheet advanced learning outcome 1 analyse data using scenarios and goal seek.
Using What iF scenarios What If tools
In this chapter, what if scenarios what if tools, we will discuss Using “What If” scenarios and “What If” tools in Electronic Spreadsheet (advanced). The electronic spreadsheet has powerful advanced features to analyze data and summarise data. This data analysis helps us to make the right decisions.
So let us begin the article what if scenarios what if tools.
Using “What If” scenarios
- How many runs are required in how many overs to qualify on top of the point table?
- How many runs need to be saved to climb up in the point table? etc.
Using “What If” scenarios in MS Excel
|Scenario Manager dialog box in Excel|
- Scenario Details Preview: It shows the details of the scenarios.
- Add: You can add a new scenario by clicking this option.
- Delete: You can delete an existing scenario that is unwanted.
- Edit: You can edit an existing scenario.
- Merge: It is useful, If more than one scenario needs to be added
- Summary: It shows a summary of the scenario.
- Changing Cells: Select the cells in which values are going to be changed.
- Comment: If any additional text is required then you can insert it.
- Show: Display the information of the selected scenario.
- Close: To close the scenario manager.
|Add scenario dialog box|
Check the result of the scenario
|Scenario Manager to check result|
In the next section of what if scenarios what if tools you will learn how to use what if scenario in OO calc.
Using “What If” scenarios in OO calc
|Tools Scenario in OO Calc|
|create a scenarios dialog box in OO calc|
The next section of what if scenarios what if tools talks about the dialog box.
Create scenario dialog box options
- Name of Scenario: Type the name of the scenario.
- Comment: Type the remarks or comments related to the scenario.
- Settings: It allows to change the display border colour, copy the contents, copy the entire sheet as well as the prevention changes.
- OK: When set up is complete click the OK button.
Step 3: Apply the settings you need in your current scenario and click on the OK button. I have applied a blue border to a scenario and changed the value runs scored 80 and runs conceded 75 and the result is 0.5. Observe the following screenshot.
Multiple Operations in OO Calc
|data Multiple operations in OO Calc|
- Formulas: Select the cell where formula is entered.
- Row input cell: Select the cell for the input values that are entered in rows.
- Column input Cell: Select the cell for the input values that are entered in columns.
|Multiple Operations data selection|
|Multiple Operations result with column input cells|
If you are looking for questions for this article what if scenarios what if tools, follow this link.
Thank you for reading this article.