Comprehensive notes Creating reports Class 10 IT 402 will provide you with a detailed guide for the learning outcome create forms and reports using the wizard of Unit 3 Database Management System for class 10 IT 402. So let’s start!
Follow this link to get access of Unit 3 Database Management System.
Creating reports Class 10 IT 402
First of all understand what is report? Why we need reports in database? So answer are here!
What is a report?
A report is the final outcome of any computerized system. Suppose you are giving online order from any online shopping website after completion of the payment and delivery you will get an invoice of the order. This invoice is one of the example of report.
- You summarize the data from the selected table in a printed form.
- You can customize the report as and when required.
- You can add header and footer of your choice.
- You can apply formatting as per your need.
- You can add controls as per the requirements.
- You can select queries and tables to create a report.
In the next section of Creating reports using wizard Class 10, lets see how to create a report in OO Base.
Creating a report using the wizard
OO base provides a way to create report using wizard. As you know a wizard is step by step process of creating objects in OO base.
Follow the below given steps to create report using the wizard.
- Select the Reports button from the object selection window.
- Click on Use wizard to create reports from the tasks window. A new report window will appear with Report Wizard.
- This Report Wizard has six major steps:
- Field Selection: In this step, select the table and fields you want to display on the report.
- Labelling Fields: This step provides customization for a selected field label. You can change the field name as per need. Otherwise, it will display the field names as provided in the table.
- Grouping: If you need any group records, you can group them according to the grouping field and functions. Select the field to group records.
- Sort Options: It will generate the report in sorting order as selected by the user.
- Choose Layout: There are certain built-in layouts. These layouts are pre-formatted layouts for your report. It provides options like Layout of data, Layout headers and footers and orientation – Portrait or Landscape.
- Create Report: This is the last step of the Report Wizard. Type the name for your report, otherwise, it will save as it with the selected table name. Then select Static or Dynamic report as per your need.
Understand the complete process with screenshots:
Step 1 & 2:
Step 3 report window and report wizard.
Report wizard Step 1 – Select the table and Fields
Select the table from Tables or queries combo box. Now come to available fields and add them to the fields in report.
Here I have selected emp table and all fields.
Click on Next button.
Step 2 Labelling Fields
Type the desired names in front of each field under the Label. Click on Next when you finish desired fields labelling.
Step 3 and 4 are optional if you want to group and sort use them otherwise you can ignore them.
Step 5 Choose the Layout
You can choose any of the layout of data, layout of headers and footers, and orientation as per your choice.
Step 6 Create Report
In this step give a suitable title for your report, by default this box contains the table name which you have selected, type the name for the report and choose report options as per your requirements.
That’s all from Creating reports Class 10 IT 402. I hope you understood the concept. If you understood it then comment “Yes, I understood” or if you have any doubt comment your doubt.
Feel free to share your views, feedback and suggestion about this article Creating reports Class 10 IT 402.
Thank you for visiting our blog.
Follow this link for complete study material.