This article comprises comprehensive notes on Forms using wizard Class 10 IT 402. This topic is one of the learning outcomes of Unit 3 Database Management Class 10 for IT 402 subject.
Forms using wizard Class 10 IT 402
Forms and reports are key features of DBMS. Both are used to improve user experience and customer interactions. So first we will discuss forms and then reports.
Forms in Base
Basically, forms are used to collect data from the user. It provides an interface to enter the data from the user side. In the database, forms help to store data into the database directly from the interface. By using forms user can view, enter, and change the data directly in the database. So now learn how to forms using wizard class 10 IT 402 in OO base for the learning outcome forms and reports using wizard 10.
Creating a form using the wizard
To create a form using wizard follow the given steps:
- Click on Forms option available at the database objects pane/window.
- Now click on the option “Use wizard to create form…” in the tasks window. The form wizard will appear.
- This form wizard has 8 steps:
- Field selection – Select the field you want to display on the form
- Set up subform – This option allows to show the contents from the table with a separate form. There are two options available for this step:
- Subform based on the existing relation
- Subform based on manual selection of fields
- Add subform fields – This option only comes when you click on Add Subform option to select fields for the subform.
- Get joined fields – This option also related to subform and appears only when you select Add Subform option.
- Arrange Controls – This option allows to arrange available form controls. It provides three options like:
- Label placement – Align Left or Align right,
- Arrangement of the main form as: Columnar – Labels at Left, Columnar – Labels on Top, As Datasheet, In blocks – Label Above
- Arrangement of subform – Columnar – Labels at Left, Columnar – Labels on Top, As Datasheet, In blocks – Label Above
- Set Data Entry – This option provides two options:
- The form is to be used for entering new data only. Existing data will not be displayed.
- The form is to display all data
- do not allow modification
- do not allow deletion
- do not allow the addition
- Apply Styles – This step allows to apply formatting to the form. You can select a colour and border styles for the form.
- Set Name – This option allows setting the name for the form. You can give a new name, by default it will show the table name in the box. After then you can select one option like work wth the form or modify the form.
Steps explained with the screenshot for forms using wizard class 10 IT 402.
Observe the following screenshot I have Created a form:
 Step 1
 Step 2 – Step 1 of Form wizard field selection. Here I have selected fields
I have not used any subform in this lab activity so directly I jumped to Step 5 – Arrange Controls.
 Step 5 – Arrange Controls: Left Align, Columnar – Labels left
 Step 6 – Set Data Entry
 Step 7 – Apply Style
 Set Name
 Final output of Form
When you create forms using the wizard you will get some additional toolbars. These toolbars are our next topic for forms using wizard class 10 IT 402.
The form window appears with few toolbars:
- Form Control – Available vertically at the left side
- Form navigation – Available at the bottom
- Form Design – Available below the form navigation
- Drawing – Adjacent to form design
Lets we discuss options to enter or remove data from forms for forms using wizard class 10 IT 402.
Options to enter or remove data from forms
When you complete all the steps of form wizard, you will get a form navigation toolbar at bottom of the form window. In this form navigation, you will get Add New record icon. Click on it and you are allowed to type a new record. Save the record. Observe the following screenshots:
In the next section of forms using wizard class 10 IT 402 we will discuss about modifying forms.
Modifying form is a simple process. Click on the record box whatever you want to modify and then save the record. To navigate through different records use form navigation control and modify it.
Now lets talk about changing the label and background for the topic forms using wizard class 10 IT 402.
Changing Label and background
The form created through the wizard is not allowing to modify the labels directly, because the displayed label and text box showing the field value are grouped together by default. Ungroup them first and then you can change it. Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the displayed field value in the form.
- Choose Group > Ungroup.
- Now click on the double click on the label.
- Field label properties will open.
- Find the label text and type your desired text. Now close the properties window.
- Adjust the label accordingly.
- Save the form.
In a similar manner you can change the background, just select the background as you want from the properties. Watch the video to understand it.
The next section of forms using wizard class 10 IT 402 will talk about searching record using forms.
Searching records using the form
To search a record using form, follow these steps:
- Click on Find Record button from the navigation toolbar. A new dialog box appears with the title “Record Search”.
- Type text you want to search in the search for option and in the box available at the front of Text.
- Select the fields whether all the fields or single field from the box. Apply the desired settings and click on search button.
- Now the record that you have searched, will be displayed on the screen.
If you have missed any content of Information Technology follow this link:
That’s all from forms using wizard class 10 IT 402. I hope you understand it well. If you have a doubt regarding forms using wizard class 10 IT 402 you can ask in the comment section. You can share your feedback using the comment section as well.
Hit the like button and share this article with your friends.
Thank you for coming to my blog website.