Comprehensive notes using goal seek and solver class 10
A spreadsheet software supports many features to analyze data and make a trustworthy decision according to results. If you missed the previous articles read from the below-given links:
Now let’s start this article using goal seek and solver class 10 with the meaning of goal seek.
What is Goal Seek?
Steps to apply goal seek in MS Excel
- Select the cell where the formula is written. For my example, I have placed the cursor in B4.
- Click on Data → What-if Analysis → Goal Seek option from the forecast group.
Data – What if Analysis – GoalSeek
- A GoalSeek dialog box will appear as displayed in the following screenshot:
GoalSeek in MS Excel 2019
- Type the desired value i.e. 500 in To Value box and select the cell address for by changing cell option as displayed in the following screenshot.
- Click on OK button the values will be displayed in your worksheet as displayed in the following screenshot.
- Click on OK button to accept the result, click cancel to return with original data.
Goal Seek in OO Calc
- Place the cursor in B4 cell and click on Tools → GoalSeek option.
- A Goal Seek dialog box appears as displayed in the following screenshot.
- Type the desired value for target value and select the variable cell to display the changed value. Observe this dialog box.
- Now click on OK button. A result will be displayed in a new dialog box. Observe the following screenshot.
- Click on Yes button to accept the value. The result will be displayed as below given screen shot.
The next section of using goal seek and solver class 10 will tell about solver. Let’s start!
Solver in OO Calc
- Place the cursor in the cell where the formula is entered.
- Now Click on Tools → Solver.
- Now, a solver dialog box will appear as displayed in the following screenshot.
- Select the optimized result to option, select the by changing cells and provide the value in limiting conditions. Observe the following screenshot of what I have done!
- Click on the Keep result button to accept the changes otherwise click on restore previous.
Follow the below given link to access all the contents: