In this article, we are going to discuss Important Questions Use Consolidating data Class 10. Let’s start it!
Important Questions Use Consolidating data Class 10
Let’s start the article Important Questions Use Consolidating data Class 10 with very short answer questions of one mark.
Very short answer questions (One mark questions)
Find the answers for Objective Type Questions for Use Consolidating data Class 10.
In the next section of the article Use Consolidating data Class 10 you wilto l get short answers questions of 2 marks.
Short answer questions:(2/3 Marks questions)
- Consolidating data is a process to gather data from various separate worksheets and add to a master worksheet.
- In other words, data consolidation takes data from a series of worksheets or workbooks and summaries it into a single worksheet that can be updated easily.
- Create separate worksheets as per the requirements.
- Place the cursor in the target worksheet where data consolidation is needed.
- Click on Data – Consolidate option. A data consolidate dialog box appears.
- Select the required function from the Function drop-down button.
- Add the ranges by selecting the Source data range and Add button as you need.
- Select the copy results to cell to display the result.
- Click on OK button.
- Consolidate Ranges
- Select data range
- Copy results to
- Link to source data
- Button – OK, Cancel, Help, Add, Delete, More
- Select the cells for which range is going to be defined.
- Click on Data – Define Range option.
- Name for the range.
- Click on OK button.
Q – 8 What is the significance of Copy results to option in Data consolidation?
Ans.: Copy results to option in data consolidation provides the option to select the cell where the result will be displayed. Basically, it contains the function and target cells to calculate the result.
Q – 9 Name a few functions available in the data consolidation function drop down.
Ans.: The data consolidation function drop-down has the following functions in the Function drop-down list.
- Product etc.
Q – 10 Explain the option Link to source data.
Ans.: The option Link to source data is given to insert the formulas. Basically, it produces the results in the target range instead of the actual results.
If this option is clicked in data consolidation, then any values modified in the source ranges are automatically updated in the target range.
The corresponding cell references in the target range are inserted in consecutive rows, which are automatically ordered and then hidden from view. Only the final result, based on the selected function, is displayed.
Q – 11 What is the use of consolidate by? What are the options provided by OO calc under this option?
Ans.: The option consolidate by is used to select the matching the row label or column label. It has two options:
- Row labels
- Columns labels
To consolidate by row labels or column labels, the label must be contained in the selected source ranges. The text in the labels must be identical so that rows or columns can be accurately matched.
If the row or column label does not match any that exist in the target range, it will be appended as a new row or column.
2 thoughts on “20+ Important Questions Use Consolidating data Class 10”
IT IS VERY USEFULL TO ME
Thank you Amruth