Mail Merge in OO Writer Class 10 or Implement Mail Merge OO Writer Class 10 is the final learning outcome of digital documentation advanced for CBSE IT 402 class 10. In this article, we are going to discuss some important questions and answers from the Implement Mail Merge OO Writer Class 10. So let’s start!
Implement Mail Merge OO Writer Class 10
Very short answers (1 Mark) Questions Implement Mail Merge OO Writer Class 10
In the next section of important qna Mail Merge in OO Writer Class 10, you will find the answers to the above questions.
Short Answer Questions (2 Marks) Implement Mail Merge OO Writer
- Use the current document
- Create a new document
- Start from an existing document
- Start from template
- Start from recently saved starting document
Q – 3 What are the sub-steps involved in the insert block address step?
- Select or create an address list
- Select the address block
- Match the fields
- Preview of exact record match
- When you get the customize button click on customize button.
- Now you will get the list of fields. Select a field that is not required.
- Click on the delete button.
- Click on the OK button when you are finished.
Q – 5 How to add a new field in the address list?
- Click on customize button when you get that button.
- Click on the add button.
- Type the field name in the Element Name box.
- Click on the Add button.
- Click on the OK button from Customize address list dialog box.
Q – 6 What are the advantages of Mail merge?
Ans.: Mail merge offers these advantages:
- A quick way to take a letter and send it to a bunch of people
- A letter can be personalized with information
- It is also used to generate labels or envelops with addresses for a different person on each label or envelope
- It is very efficient as well as personal
- It can be used by any organization having clients to communicate with them
Q – 7 What are the three main elements of the mail merge process?
Ans.: The three main elements of the mail merge process are:
- Main Letter
- Data Source
- Merge Fields
Q – 8 What is the main document for the mail merge process?
Ans.: The main document for the mail merge process is the document on which the letter or content is written. The document is prepared to send to a bunch of people.
Q- 9 What are types of the data sources available for mail merge in the mail merge process?
Ans.: The data sources available for mail merge in the mail merge process:
- Text files
- OO Database
- MySQL or MS Access
Q – 10 How to edit saved files of mailing labels?
Ans.: The following steps need to be followed to edit saved files of mailing labels:
- Open the saved file.
- It prompts to update all links, choose No.
- Edit individual records as you want.
- Save the label file.
Q – 11 What is Master Label?
Ans.: The master label is present on the first page of the saved label file, this label links all other labels. If the master label is updated then all the links will be updated automatically.
In the next section of Implement Mail Merge OO Writer class 10, you will get long answer questions.
Long Answer Questions (4 Marks) Implement Mail Merge OO Writer
- Select starting document
- Select document type
- Insert address block
- Create salutation
- Adjust Layout
- Edit Document
- Personalize document
- Save, Print or send
Q – 2 Write steps to prepare labels to print.
Ans.: Follow these steps to prepare labels to print:
- Click File > New > Labels
- Click on the Options tab and ensure the synchronize contents option is selected
- Select database and table from te Label tab
- Select brand and type of label
- Now click on the user settings button to apply the format
- Apply the dimensions as per the requirement
- Click on save when you have finished
Q -3 How to remove the blank line from the labels?
Ans.: Follow these steps to remove the blank line from the labels:
- Ensure the label names show the field contents, if not click on View > Field Names
- Now click on View > Nonprinting characters if not visible or press Ctrl + F10
- Click on the first label and press the delete key
- Repeat this action for each line in the address
Watch this video for more understanding: