Welcome to a new article, Comprehensive notes Use Consolidating Data Class 10 IT 402. You will get a clear idea about the use of consolidating data which is one of the learning outcomes of Unit 2 Electronic Spreadsheet advanced.
Use Consolidating Data Class 10 IT 402
Use consolidating data help users to automate data and save time where data used frequently in different sheets. If you are working with spreadsheet software, you may use different worksheets. Sometimes you need to use the same data for different sheets but with different values.
For example, data of students of one class who appeared in different exams like periodic test 1, periodic test 2 etc. Data on sales of various salesmen of a company like quarterly, monthly, or and so on. So to achieve a common business goal or specific goal you need to analyze and summarise data.
So in this post, I will discuss using Use Consolidating Data Class 10 IT 402. So let us start with its meaning!
Consolidating data meaning
Steps to Consolidating Data in MS Excel
- Open the workbook in which you have prepared data.
- Now click and place the cursor in the cell in the new worksheet where you want to display consolidated data. If the worksheet is not available then insert a new worksheet.
- Click on Data ⇢ Consolidate.
- The consolidate dialog box will appear.
As you can see in the above screenshot consolidate dialog box contains 5 options highlighted.
- Function: In this option, you can select your desired function to display consolidated results.
- Reference: This option allows you to select the reference from another sheet having data.
- Click on the circled button to select a reference. Click on the Add button to use the reference. Repeat the same step to add all the references.
- All references: Display the added references from the workbook.
- Use labels in: This option allows us to use the row headers and column headers of worksheets.
- Create links to source data: When you select this option data will automatically update the values when any change happens to referenced cells. Finally, click on OK button.
- Observe the following screenshot, I have added references for the above-mentioned sheets.
Steps to Consolidating Data in OO Calc:
- Click on Data ⇢ Consolidate option. A consolidate dialog box will appear.
- The dialog is almost similar like MS Excel. Select your desired function and add references to the cells by selecting ranges.
- Click on more button to add row labels and column labels or to link source data.
One of the important aspect for Consolidating Data Class 10 IT 402 defines a range. So let’s see what it is!
Define a range
- Select the cells for which you want to create a range.
- Click on Insert ➝ Names ➝ Define or press Ctrl + F3. A Define Names Dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Type the range in the Name box. Do not use space in range names.
- The Add button will active click on that.
- Click on OK.
Follow this link to practical questions on Unit 2 Electronic Spreadsheet (Advanced) for the learning outcome Use consolidating data:
Watch this video for a practical understanding of Consolidating Data Class 10 IT 402:
I hope you enjoyed this article Consolidating Data Class 10 IT 402. Hit the like button and share this article with your friends. Share your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Thank you for reading this article Consolidating Data Class 10 IT 402.
Follow this link to see the important questions for Unit 2 electronic spreadsheet (Advanced) class 10, learning outcome use consolidating data:
Follow the below given link to read more notes: