Solved Assignment: Unit 1 Digital Documentation (Advanced) – Part 5: Create and Customize Table of Contents
|Solved Assignments Create and Customize table of contents class 10|
Short Answer Questions (1 Mark)
Fill in the blanks:
1. The _________ feature allows creating automated page wise headings navigation in digital documents.
Ans.: Table of Contents
2. By default, there is ________ level of headings available for a table of contents.
Ans.: 3 in MS Word, 10 in OO Writer
3. It is advisable to create a Table of Contents at _________ of the digital document.
4. Heading are part of __________ styles.
5. The main heading is also known as ________ heading.
6. To open insert index/table dialog box click on ________ ￫ ________ ￫ ________ in OO writer.
To open Table of contents drop down click on ________ ￫ _____________ option in MS Word.
Ans.: Insert, Indexes and Tables, Indexes and Tables
References, Table contents
7. The preview of the table of content is available at __________ in Table of the contents dialog box.
Ans.: Left in OO writer, Top in Table of contents dorp down in MS Word
8. The _______ option locks your table of contents for modification in OO Writer.
Ans.: Protect against manual changes
9. _________ option allows you to select on which the Table of contents is created.
10. The _________ option display the headings in hierarchy level in Table of contents.
Short Answer Questions (2/3 marks)
Q – 1 What is table of contents?
Q – 2 What is the pre-requisite of the table of contents?
Q – 3 What are the headings?
Q – 4 What are the different tabs available in the insert indexes/table dialog box?
Ans: The different tabs available in insert indexes/ table dialog box as are follows:
- Index/Table: This tab contains options for setting table’s properties.
- Entries: This tab allows to set structure of headings and set styles of headings.
- Styles: This tab allows us to change the heading styles and formattings.
- Columns: This tab is used to increase or decrease columns in the table of contents as well as allows to change the width and space between columns.
- Background: User can set a background color or change the background color of the table of contents.
Q – 5 How to set the basic attributes of the table?
Ans.: The basic attributes of the table are as following:
- Title: It is used to give a title for the table of contents.
- Type: This attribute allows us to select the types of table of contents. It can be a Table of contents or Alphabetical index or Illustration of index etc.
- Create index/table:
- for: Allows to select the content for which Table of content is created.
- Evaluate up to level: Display the level of heading used in Table of content.
- Create from:
- Allows to select an outline for the hierarchical table of contents, Additional styles if any, or to display the index marks
Q – 6 How to add or delete title for the table of content?
Ans.: To add title follow these steps:
- The default title is “Table of Contents”, click on OK if you want to set it as it is.
- Type your desired title if you wish to give a custom title and click on OK button.
To delete a title, just clear the title field and keep it blank.
Q – 7 How to add or delete background to the table of contents?
Ans.: You can set two types of background for the TOC. You can either set a color as the background or an image as a background. To set a color as background click on the color tab and choose a color from the color picker. To add an image as background select graphic option from as combo and select the image.
To delete the background – Choose a color from a combo box and select no fill option from the color picker.
Long Answer Questions (5 Marks)
Q – 1 Write steps to create headings.
Q – 2 Write steps to create or insert a table of contents in digital documents.
Ans.: To create or insert a table of contents in digital documents follow these steps:
- Create your content and apply the proper level of headings.
- Place the cursor on top of the document or at the beginning.
- Click on insert ￫ indexes and table ￫ indexes and table option. Insert indexes/table dialog box will appear.
- Set different attributes, styles, background etc for the TOC.
- Click on OK button.
Q – 3 Explain entries tab in detail.
Ans.: The entries tab allows us to format the entries in the table of contents. For each level, user can add and delete elements, such as headings and levels, and you can also apply character styles to individual elements. To begin, click a level number in the Level column to select the outline level whose elements you want to format. The Structure line displays the elements for entries at that level.
Each button on the Structure line represents one element:
• The E# button represents the heading number or heading level.
• The E button represents the entry text.
• The T button represents a tab stop.
• The # button represents the page number.
• The LS button represents the start of a hyperlink.
• The LE button represents the end of a hyperlink.
Each white field on the Structure line represents a blank space.