In this article, I will provide Term 2 Practical File Informatics Practices Class 12 with a solution in PDF. The term 2 syllabus contains two units – database query using SQL and Introduction to a computer network. The practical records should be prepared from database query using SQL. So here we go!
Term 2 Practical File Informatics Practices Class 12
Have a look at the practical examination structure of Term 2 Informatics Practices Class 12. The structure of the practical exam is as follows:
|1||SQL Queries (pen and paper)||7|
|2||Practical File – 12 SQL Queries||2|
|3||Final Project Submission||3|
The practical file should be prepared in written form or printed form. It contains 12 SQL queries from the topics covered in the term 2 informatics practices syllabus of class 12. So here I will provide you with these 12 queries and Term 2 Practical File Informatics Practices Class 12 PDF with a solution.
Suggested queries by CBSE for Term 2 Practical File
As per the recommendation of CBSE, the suggested queries are as follows:
- Create a student table with the student id, name, and marks as attributes where the student id is
the primary key.
- Insert the details of a new student in the above table.
- Delete the details of a student in the above table.
- Use the select command to get the details of the students with marks more than 80.
- Find the min, max, sum, and average of the marks in a student marks table.
- Find the total number of customers from each country in the table (customer ID, customer
Name, country) using group by.
- Write a SQL query to order the (student ID, marks) table in descending order of the marks
- Write a SQL query to display the marks without decimal places, display the reminder after diving marks by 3 and display the square of marks
- Write a SQL query to display names into capital letters, small letters, display frist 3 letters of name, display last 3 letters of name, display the position the letter A in name
- Remove extra spaces from left, right and both sidesfrom the text – ” Informatics Practices Class XII “.
- Display today’s date in “Date/Month/Year” format.
- Display dayname, monthname, day, dayname, day of month, day of year for today’s date.
 Create table student
create table student (studentid int(3) primary key, name varchar(20) not null, marks decimal(5,2));
 Inserting records
 Deleting records
delete from student where studentid=5;
 Fetching record with criteria
select * from student where marks>80;
 Maximum, Minimum, Sum and Average of marks
select max(marks), min(marks), sum(marks) , avg(marks) from student;
 Group by
select country, count(customer_id) from customer group by country;
 Sorting in descending order
select * from student order by marks desc;
 Math functions
select round(marks,0),mod(marks,3),pow(marks,2) from student;
 Text functions
select ucase(name),lcase(name),left(name,3),right(name,3),instr(name,'a') from student;
 Text Functions
select ltrim(" Informatics Practices Class XII ") "Left Spaces", rtim(" Informatics Practices Class XII ") "Right Trim", trim(" Informatics Practices Class XII ");
 Date function in MySQL
Follow this link to download the Term 2 Practical File Informatics Practices Class 12.
That’s all from my side for Term 2 Practical File Informatics Practices Class 12. If you have a doubt or query or want to hare your views about Term 2 Practical File Informatics Practices Class 12, feel free to write in the comment section.
I hope this article will definitely help you to prepare practical records. Thank you for visiting my website. Follow this link to get more notes and articles for term 2.