A spreadsheet software supports many features to analyze data and make a trustworthy decision according to results. If you missed the previous articles read from below given links:
The contents are as following:
What is GoalSeek?
Steps to apply goal seek in MS Excel
- Select the cell where the formula is written. For my example, I have placed the cursor in B4.
- Click on Data → What-if Analysis → Goal Seek option from the forecast group.
Data – What if Analysis – GoalSeek
- A GoalSeek dialog box will appear as displayed in the following screenshot:
GoalSeek in MS Excel 2019
- Type the desired value i.e. 500 in To Value box and select the cell address for by changing cell option as displayed in the following screenshot.
- Click on OK button the values will be displayed in your worksheet as displayed in the following screen shot.
- Click on OK button to accept the result, click cancel to return with original data.
Goal Seek in OO Calc
- Place the cursor in B4 cell and click on Tools → GoalSeek option.
- A Goal Seek dialog box appears as displayed in the following screenshot.
- Type the desired value for target value and select the variable cell to display the changed value. Observe this dialog box.
- Now click on OK button. A result will be displayed in a new dialog box. Observe the following screenshot.
- Click on Yes button to accept the value. The result will be displayed as below given screen shot.
Solver in OO Calc
- Place the cursor in the cell where formula is entered.
- Now Click on Tools → Solver.
- Now solver dialog box will appear as displayed in the following screen shot.
- Select the optimize result to option, select the by changing cells and provide the value in limiting conditions. Observe the following screen shot what I have done!
- Click on Keep result button to accept the changes otherwise click on restore previous.