In this article, we will discuss some important QnA Transmission Media Class 12. As we have covered the topic transmission media, now it’s the time to discuss QnA Transmission Media for class 12. So here we start!
Important QnA Transmission Media class 12
As usual our QnA session will start from Objective Type Questions of 1 mark then subjective type questions of 2 marks and 4 marks.
Objective Type Questions
In this section of important QnA Transmission Media Class 12 we will see the fill in the blanks, True or False and MCQs.
- Which of the following is not a type of guided or wired communication channel?
- Twisted Pair
- Fibre Optic
- Which of the following is not a type of unguided or wireless communications channel?
- In the __________ cables, the cables are twisted together in pairs of two wires wrapped together in helix form. (Ans. – Ethernet or Twisted Pair)
- The twisted-pair cables provide high-speed data transmission compared to other cables. (True/False)
- _____________ is a disturbance caused by the electric or magnetic fields of one telecommunication signal affecting a signal in an adjacent circuit. (Ans-Crosstalk)
- Which one of the following is one of the types of twisted pair cable?
- _____________ cables are mostly used in telephone lines , DSL lines, and LAN. (Ans. – Ethernet or Twisted Pair)
- The ethernet cables offer data transmission speed ranging from 10 Mbps to 1000 Mbps. (True/False)
- Which of the following cable consist of a solid wire core surrounded by one or more foil or wire shields?
- Ethernet Cables
- Coaxial Cables
- Fibre Optic Cables
- Power Cable
- The ___________ cables are capable of carries 10,000 voice signals, digital telephone network with 600 Mbps data transfer rates, in cable TVs, ethernet LANs and MANs. (Ans. – Coaxial Cables)
- The coaxial cables are best fitted in LANs. (True/False)
- The _____________ cables use frequency modulation for data transfer. (Ans. Fibre Optic)
- Which of the following is not a part of fibre optic cable?
- The cladding
- The Core
- Foil or Shield
- The proactive coating
- The _____________ types of cables are very exepensive. (Ans. Fibre Optic)
- Unguided media refers to wireless communication channels. (True/False)
- The ____________ type of unguided media is used for long distance network. (Ans. – Microwave)
- Which of the following wireless medium consists of a parabolic antena mounted on towers?
- The ____________ type of unguided media use Radio Frequency Modulation for data transmission. (Ans. -Radio Wave)
- The ______________ is considered as a relay system of microwave. (Ans. – Sattelite)
- The ___________ type of unguided media generally found in homes which uses special kinds of light for data transmission with a point to point attachment. (Ans. Infrared)
- The ____________ unguided media requires light-of-sight. (Ans. Laser)
- Bluetooth cannot penetrate the walls. (True/False)
Now in the next section of QnA Transmission Media class 12 you will get subjective type questions. The link is provided to write the answers, refer them and write answers in your language.
Subjective type questions
- Enlist the types of guided and unguided media used in the network.
- Explain the following guided media in short with advantages and disadvantages.
- Twisted Pair
- Fibre Optic
- Enlist the types of twisted pair cables categories used in the network with its type, speed and use.
- Where the coaxial cables are useful in the network? Explain in detail.
- What are the three main subcomponents of fibre optic cable?
- What is the microwave? Explain in detail with advantages and disadvantages.
- What do you mean radio wave? Explain in detail with advantages and disadvantages.
- How the satellite used in wireless technology? Explain in the detail with advantages and disadvantages.
- What types of wireless connectivities are helpful to share the files at a personal level? Explain them in detail.
That’s from QnA Transmission Media class 12. I hope these will help you to prepare in your exams and understand the concepts for QnA Transmission Media class 12. Hit the like button and share this article with your friends.
Feel free to ask any doubt regarding QnA Transmission Media class 12 in the comment section. Share your views, feedback and suggestions through comment sections as well.
Thank you for visiting this blog, refer the following links to read more articles and visit again.