This article provides complete study material related to Class 11 Computer Science Book PDF including notes, assignments and practical assignments.
Class 11 Computer Science Book PDF
Class 11 Computer Science is a course for CBSE Computer Science Curriculum. The contents of Class 11 Computer Science Book PDF are as following:
Unit 1: Computer Systems and Organizations
In this unit of Class 11, Computer Science Book PDF students will go through some basic computer organization concepts or computer system.
The following section covers class 11 computer science chapter 1 pdf and class 11 computer science chapter 1 question answer for the course of Computer Science Class 11 Python.
Chapter 1 Computer System
- Description of Computer System and Mobile System
- Hard Disk
- I/O Battery
- Memory Units
- Software Concepts
This unit of Class 11 Computer Science Book PDF covers the topic of boolean logic. In this chapter, boolean logic students will get an idea of some boolean logic concepts.
This chapter is not given in the NCERT text book but given in the syllabus.
- Boolean Logic Basics
- Truth Tables
- Logical Gates
- Logic Circuits
- Boolean Laws
The next section of cbse class 11 computer science book 2020-21 covers the topic number system. The number system is a very important part of computer science. Here you will learn about different number systems.
Chapter 2 Encoding schemes and Number System
In the first section of this chapter, we will see the number system.
- Binary number system
- Decimal number system
- Octal number system
- Hexadecimal number system
- Conversion of number systems
- Binary addition
In the next section of Class 11 Computer Science Book PDF is encoding schemes. The encoding schemes represent data in various formats in computers.
The next section of the Class 11 Computer Science Book PDF covers computational thinking and programming – 1 part with python. In this section, you will learn some basics of python which is the most important and hot topic of 11th computer science.
Mostly python is the main attraction of students for computer science subjects in class 11th. So here we go!
Unit II: Computational thinking and programming – 1
This unit focuses on the topics related to programming in python and problem solving techniques.
Chapter 4 Introduction to Problem-solving
We have divided this chapter into two parts. In the first part, we will see the introduction to problem-solving.
Introduction to problem-solving
- Problem-solving cycle
- Analysing a problem
- Designing algorithms and representation of algorithm using flow chart and pseudocode
- Need for decomposing a problem
- Examples of problem-solving using decomposition
The next section of the Class 11 Computer Science Book PDF talks about Python programming. So let us start.
Chapter 5 Getting started with python
Introduction to Python
- Strengths and Limitations
- Python installation
- Interactive and Script mode
- Tokens – Keywords, Identifiers, Literals, Puncators, Operators
- Input() function
- print() function
- Data types in Python
- Variable Assignment
- Data type conversion
- Types of Errors
- Steps to debug a program
Chapter 6 Flow of Control
- Simple if condition
- Nested if
- Introduction to iteration
- While loop
- parts of while loop
- While loop with else
- Infinite while loop
- range() function
- For loop
String manipulation in Python
- Accessing string through the loop
- String concatenation using + operator
- String repetition by * operator
- membership operator – in operator
- Slicing in string
Lists in python
- Creation of Lists – An Empty List, Nested List, List from words or text, List from user input
- Traversal of a list
- Operations on list
- List Slicing
- List functions and Methods
Creating and Traversing Tuples
Tuple Methods and Functions
Dictionaries in Python
- What is a dictionary?
- Creating a Dictionary
- Creating an empty dictionary
- Accessing elements of the dictionary
- Create dictionary using dict() function
- Add elements to a dictionary
- Update an element in a dictionary
- Deleting element from the dictionary
- Membership Operator
In the next section of Computer Science Class-11 Python I will talk about python modules.
Introduction to Python Module
- Standard Library Modules
- Using random() module
- Using random() function
- Generate number by specifying number greater than using random()
- Using randint(a,b) function
- Using randrange() function
- Statistics Module
- mean() function
- mode() function
- median() function
Follow this link for NCERT class 11 computer science book pdf download.
Distribution of marks
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Theory marks||Theory Periods||Practical Periods|
|I||Computer Systems and Organizations||10||10||10|
|II||Computational thinking an Programming – 1||45||80||60|
|III||Society, law and ethics||15||20||—|