In this article, I am going to discuss some important QnA CyberCrime IP Class 12. If you missed notes on the same topic follow this link to read them. So let’s start the article important QnA Cyber Crime IP Class 12.
important QnA Cybercrime IP Class 12
I will start this article important QnA Cyber Crime IP Class 12 with objective type questions and then will go for subjective type questions. The objective type questions consist of MCQs, True/False, and Fill in the blanks. So here we go!
Objective Type Questions (OTQs)
- ___________ refers to criminal activities or offences carried out in a digital world. (Ans. Cybercrime)
- Which of the following can be considered as a cybercrime?
- harassment using computers
- online banking frauds
- all of these
- _______refers to entering into someone’s account without the user’s consent or stealing login information from someone’s account and unauthorized access to data. (Ans. Hacking)
- The person who is trying to break the system security and gain unauthorized access to data is known as _________. (Ans. hacker)
- Which of the following activities can be carried out by a hacker?
- getting unauthorized access to data
- stealing sensitive information
- install manner
- all of these
- The hacking done with positive intent is known as ___________ hacking. (Ans. ethical or white hat)
- An ethical hacker is trying to break into the system illegally. (True/False)
- Which of the following is the main target of the unethical hacker?
- earning money through unauthorized access
- harass the users’
- personal benefits
- all of these
- The Indian IT Act was amended in which of the following year?
- The ________ provides guidelines and rules to the user on the processing, storage and transmission of sensitive information. (Ans. Indian IT Act)
- Every state has their own cyber cell in police stations to handle cybercrime cases with implications of the Indian IT Act. (True/False)
- Which of the following is responsible to resolve cybercrime-related issues?
- The government
- CID (Criminal Investigation Department)
- CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation)
- CAT (Cyber Appellate Tribunal)
In the next section of Important QnA Cybercrime IP Class 12, I will discuss some subjective type questions.
Subjective Type Questions (STQs)
Let’s see important QnA CyberCrime IP Class 12
- What do you mean by cybercrime?
- Cybercrime refers to those activities or offences carried out illegally using computers or the internet.
- In cybercrime, a computer can be targeted using another computer.
- These activities can be performed against an individual or group of people or any organizations.
- In cybercrime, the accused performs some activities like physical or mental harassment using the internet, ask or demand for paying money to get data or stolen information.
- Which type of the following activities considered a cybercrime?
- phishing – yes
- cyberbullying – yes
- using copyright material – no if with written permission
- credit card or net banking fraud – yes
- using pirated software – yes
- creation and distribution of virus – yes
- sending an email – no
- Explain the following terms:
- Phishing: Phishing refers to an activity carried out by email or SMS or phone call with the demand of sensitive data like credit card details, banking passwords or OTP and can be resulted in identity theft or financial loss.
- Denial-of-service: It is also known as a DOS attack. It refers to an activity to making the computer or devices inaccessible for the intended users’. Most of the users targeted in this attack are employees, members of the forum or community, account holders.
- Identity theft – Identifying someone’s personal information like name, number, credit card number, or other sensitive information without their consent and commit fraud or crime.
- Hacking – Hacking refers to entering into someone’s account without the user’s consent or stealing login information from someone’s account and unauthorized access to data. When people share them on the internet through different websites like emails, online shopping etc. some expert people trying to break the system security and gain unauthorized access.
- Cracking – It refers to stealing or corrupt data online.
- What do you mean by a hacker?
- A hacker is an expert or elite programmer who is trying to break the system security and gain unauthorized access.
- He or she is doing this using software or hardware or expertise.
- They gain unauthorized access to data, steal some information from your computer, manipulate the digital data, capture user’s personal or financial information or install malware on your systems.
- Differentiate between what hat hacker and black hat hacker.
- White hat hacker
- They help to protect the system from hacking and improves the security of the system.
- They exploit a website to find a security glitch on the website.
- Black hat hacker
- A Black Hat Hacker or Unethical Hacker tries to gain untheorized access and steal sensitive information with the aim to damage or break down the system.
- Their main focus is security cracking and stealing sensitive information.
- They may do some illegal activities like identify theft, monetary gain for their personal benefits or leak sensitive data in the market and earn money.
- White hat hacker
- Write some important point should be kept in mind to reduce the risk of cybercrime.
- Use antivirus and keep it updated
- Take a backup of data at regular intervals
- Download and use software from authorized sources only
- Update the software including browser as and when it is prompted
- Avoid to download and use pirated software
- Follow some security alerts provided by the system and browser
- Use strong passwords for the accounts
- Don’t write or save your passwords at the common places
- Don’t allow third-party cookies from the websites
- Perform online payment transaction securely and through authorized websites only
- Don’t share your OTP or PIN number with anyone
- Always secure wireless network with a password when connecting via hotspot
- What do you mean by the Indian IT Act?
- The Indian IT Act refers to providing guidelines and rules to the user on the processing, storage and transmission of sensitive information.
- The states of our country have their own cyber cells in the police station to report cybercrime.
- The IT act provides legal provisions and implications against cybercrime.
- If the cybercrime is proved then the accused may get the penalties also.
- What is CAT (Cyber Appellate Tribunal)?
- The CAT (Cyber Appellate Tribunal) has been established to resolve these cybercrime-related issues.
- It resolves issues such as hacking, tampering with digital documents, unauthorized use of passwords, using other’s personal data without consent etc.
- The activities help people to use the digital environment without fear.
- On the other side, the IT act also helps the government in good governance.
That’s all from this article Important QnA Cybercrime IP Class 12. I hope you enjoyed this article. If you any queries related to Important QnA Cybercrime IP Class 12 feel free to ask in the comment section.
Thank you very much for reading this article Important QnA Cybercrime IP Class 12.
Follow this link to read all the contents of IP class 12.