In this article, I will discuss Answer key Term 2 IT 402 Class 10. So here we go!
The question paper is based on CBSE sample paper 2022.
Watch this video for more understanding:
Answer key Term 2 IT 402 Class 10
This solution is not a final or official marking scheme. It is prepared by me as IT subject teacher expert. Evaluation will be done in compliance with CBSE’s official answer key and marking scheme.
 Name the person who combines the factors in a creative manner to generate value for customers and create wealth.
 Name the skill that helps anyone to lead, guide and supervise people who work for business.
 Name any two elements of nature.
 Give any method that we can adopt to promote Sustainable Development.
Encourage 4Rs and 1U
Provide healthy workplace
Provide maximum support to SDGs
Plant more and more trees
 Differentiate between agricultural entrepreneurship and Small Scale Entrepreneurship with one point only.
Agricutlural entrepreneurship provide supports to the farmers, understand the need of farmers, and enhance the skills of farmers for the commercialization. Agricultural Entrepreneurship can be defined as being primarily related to the marketing and production of inputs and products used in agricultural activities.
Small scale entrepreneurship help society by creating wealth in local market and local area. : Small scale entrepreneurship refers to starting industries in which manufacturing, trading, providing services, productions are done on a small scale or micro scale.
 In our daily life we can contribute to create a Sustainable Society by Following 4Rs and 1U of sustainability. Explain any one out of 4R’s and 1 U.
Refuse:To create a sustainable environment, we must first REFUSE to use products that may harm the environment.
Upcycle: Upcycling allows the scope of human skills upcycle any product that is not usable with innovation.
 _______ is an organization which provides you with access to the internet via dial-up or direct or wireless connection.
 Name the software or hardware security device that analyzes the network traffic and determines if the traffic should be allowed or not.
 ___________ immediate assistance is provided to the injured to save life and minimize health loss till the proper medical aid/facility is provided.
Ans. First Aid
 When the primary key constraint is applied to one or more columns in a table is known as __________
Ans.: Composite Primary Key
 A row that represents a single, data item in a table is known as ____________
Ans.: record or tuple
 Explain the term sorting.
Ans.: Sorting refers to arranging the table data in increasing or decreasing order.
 With any four rules which is to be followed for creating strong passwords.
1. Use combination of letters, symbols and digits
2. Do not use birth day or any easiliy identifiable words
3. Generate random password
4. Avoid using something that the public or workmates know you strongly like or dislike
 What is the special name given to the discussion style site used by non-technical(or technical) users for creating personal web pages? Give any two examples of websites that help to create such discussion style sites for free.
 Differentiate between LAN and WAN with two points only.
1. LAN: It stands for Local Area Network. It connects computers and peripherals in limited geographical area. The connections are limited school, home, computer lab, office building, or closely positioned group of buildings. LAN offers high speed data transfer and uses ethernet cables.
2. WAN: It stands for Wide Area Network. It covers broad area. It covers metropolitan area, regional or national boundaries. The internet is the most popular example of WAN. It is used by large organizations, business, governments, NGOs, entertainers and many others.
 Explain any two types of relationships that can be created in tables.
OO base support 3 types of relationships:
1. One to One
2. One to Many or Many to One
3. Many to Many
1. One to One: In this relationship both tables must have primary key columns. Example: In the given tables emp and dept, empno and deptno is primary key in dept table. So in relationship these two fields are used for one to one relationship.
2. One to many or Many to one: In this kind of relationship one of the table must have primary key column. It means that one column of primary key table is associated with all the columns of associated table. As above example, emp and dept tables, empno is primary key for the emp table.
3. Many to many relationship: In this kind of relationship no table has primary key column. It means that all the columns of primary key table are associated with all the columns of associated table.
 What is the difference between forms and reports?
Forms provides an interface to users to view, add, modify in both table and queries.
Reports are presented forms used to present formatted summaries or lists of the data from one or more tables or queries.
 Identify any two columnname/attribue and their data types from a given table : PLAYER
PID – Char(4), Primary Key
Pname – varchar(10)
Runs – int(5)
Gender – cahr(1)
DOB – Date
 Aryan is too much worried when he came to know that someone has withdrawn all money from his uncle’s bank account. He was not able to understand how this could happen when he has not given his ATM card to anyone.
(a) Suggest to him a way by which he can be assured that he is doing secured online transactions.
(b) Which type of software he needs to install in his computer to protect his computer from malware?
(c) Help him to understand about phishing.
(d) He also thinks cookies are harmless. Explain to him how cookies can also cause harm to him.
(a) He need to ensure that wesbite URL must have lock icon at the begining and starts with https
(b) He can use a good antivirus software
(c) Phishing refers to the internet represents an insecure channel for exchanging information leading to a high risk of intrusion or fraud.
(d) Coockies are programs that are created on your local computer when you visit websites. cookies are meant for storing data based on activity performed during earlier visits. Cookies stores logon details, details of a shopping cart, visited pages in a website etc. They could be also tracaked by unauthorized users and possibly gain access to personal information.
 Due to the pandemic everyone was bound to stay at home. But, due internet the whole world was connected.
(a) What is meant by World Wide Web? Also write any two web browsers names that you know.
(b) Explain how data is transferred over internet.
(a) World Wide Web (abbreviated as WWW or W3, commonly known as the Web), is a system of interlinked hypertext documents accessed via the Internet. Two popular web browsers are: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
(b) The data transfer on the internet is done through the following steps:
1. Information on internet is divided into small packets. Each packet is sent from computer to computer until its find its destination. Each computer on the way decides where the next packet to be sent. All packets may hav etheir different routes.
2. Once the packet reaches to its destination, packet will be examined. If any packets are missing or damaged, a message for sending it again will be sent. This process continues till all packets have beed received.
3. Finally all the packets reassembled into the original form.
 Consider the following table: Student
Write SQL Commands:
(a) To display the details of all students of Green House.
(b) To increase marks by 5 whose ADMNO is 1005.
(c) To display details of all students whose MARKS are less than 80.
(d) Display the list of all students in descending order of MARKS.
(a) select * from student where house=’green’;
(b) update student set marks=marks+5 from student where admno=1005;
(c) select * from student where marks < 80; (d) select * from student order by marks desc; [/showhide]
Term 2 Mock Test Class 10 Information Technology – Mock Test 1
Section A (1 mark Questions)
 Write correct steps of entrepreneurs’ career process.
 An NGO is working for collecting plastic garbage from the people and spreading awareness to reduce the use of plastic. How this is helpful to the people? Write any two points.
1. It will reduce unneccessary waste.
2. Less burden on people to recycle.
 Mohit is working as an entrepreneur and he brings new products and services into the market and always improve the existing products or services available in the market. Here he is demonstrating which quality of an entrepreneur?
 Write anyone sign of responsible consumers and producers to the environment.
Use cloth bags in the market in the market to carry fruits and vegetables
2 Marks questions
 Identify the misconceptions associated with the following statements:
- Nayan started a small shop for stationery. But he doesn’t call himself an entrepreneur.
- Rakesh has an idea to host a website to build various courses. He has very less money to invest. So he has not started the website.
- Milan has a mobile shop in the market where so many other mobile shops are already there. He doesn’t call himself an entrepreneur.
- Anil is coming from a middle-class family. He has an idea to start up a shopping mall in his area. But he couldn’t start.
1. Every business idea needs to be unique or special.
2. He needs lot of money to start a business.
3. A person is having big business is called an entrepreneur.
4. Entrepreneurs are born, not made.
 What measures can be taken to create sustainable cities?
The measures can be taken to create sustainable cities:
1. Switch off lights and fans when not in use
2. Use natural light as much as possible
3. Use energy efficient bulbs and appliances
4. Use alternative resources for electricity
Section B (1 Mark Questions)
 How to remove the relationship?
To delete relationship follow the given steps:
1. Select the relationship.
2. Right click and choose delete option.
 Write the ways to create a query in OO Base.
There are three ways to perform queries:
1. Query using wizard
2. Use wizard to create query
3. SQL command view
 Trishala is learning SQL Queries. She wants to know what a query will do in SQL, Help her to understand this.
Queries are used to:
1. Define structure of database
2. Manipulate data
3. Retrieve Data
4. Control transactions
 Name the device which is central device that connects all devices into the network.
 Which option tells the keyboard to ignore brief or repeated keystrokes?
 Paresh wants to avoid/minimize hazards. Suggest to him proper ways do this.
To avoid/minimize hazards Paresh has to carry out timely repairs by a comptent person/organization at workplace/home.
2 Marks Questions
 What is update cascade or delete cascade?
Update cascade and delete cascade refers to update or detete records when any modification is done to the primary key relation records in table. It will update or delete related records automatically when changes happen in the parent table.
 Write a few advantages of referential integrity.
Ans.: The advantages of referential integrity are as following:
1. It saves the time as there is no need to enter the same data in separate table.
2. It reduces data-entry errors.
3. Summarize data from related tables.
4. Delete and modify the matching records from a primary key table deleted or modified.
 How do modify the records using forms?
Follow these steps to modify the record:
1. Create or open a form
2. Navigate the form on which records needs to be modify
3. Enter new details
4. Click on Save
 Charvi wants to post content on her WordPress website. Write steps to create a new post.
to create a post, follow the given steps:
1. Login with username and password in wordpress.
2. Click on Posts – Add New button.
3. Type the title in Add Title text box.
4. Now start typing for the content.
5. Click on Publish when you finished.
 Hetal is going to place an order online on Flipkart. But she doesn’t know the payment modes available on Flipkart. Help her by listing the various modes of payment.
Flipkart privdes following options for payment:
1. Credit card
2. Debit card
3. Net Banking/ Inernet Banking
4. Cash/Pay on Delivery
 Enlist any four emergency situations.
Some emeregency situations are :
1. Threatens the employees, customers or the public
2. Disrupts or shuts down the operations
3. Causes physical or environmental damage
4. Natural Disasters
Section C (4 Marks Questions)
 Ankita is working as a manager in a company. Her management told her to make a list of points to handle accidents carefully. Suggest any four points her for the same.
Accidents can handled properly by taking care of these points:
1. Organization must follow SOP for accident handling.
2. Safety measures must be placed to prevent workplace accidents
3. Immediately call the medical team for any injury
4. Always stay alert
 Anil is working in an electronics company as a senior engineer. He is called for a seminar to explain safety rules for electrical equipment. What are these rules can be, write them?
The safety rules are as following:
1. Electrical equipment used should be approved by a recognized organization.
2. Workers should be trained to handle the eletric equipment safely
3. Damaged and hazardous electrical equipment should be immediately replaced. All old and workout and frayed switches and wires should be changed.
4. Heat emanating equipment should be kept away from the electical equipment.
 Observe the table store and write queries given below:
i) Display the records in the descending order of rate
ii) Display the itemname, and supplier from Gujarat and Rajasthan.
iii) Delete a column city
iv) Display the information of items whose price is more than 30 and the supplier is Amul.
i) select * from store order by rate desc;
ii) select itemname, supplier from store where state in (‘Gujarat’,’Rajasthan’);
iii) alter table store drop column city;
iv) select * from store where rate > 30 and supplier = ‘Amul’;
Watch this video for more understanding:
Follow this link for the sample papers:
Mock Test Class 10 Information Technology – Mock Test 2
Section A (1 Mark Questions)
 Jignesh establishes a business or a venture that generates some value for the customer and proves to be profitable for him. State the role of Jignesh here.
 State any two important functions of an Entrepreneur.
Ans.: An entrepreneur performs following functions:
1. Entrepreneurial Functions: Organization Building & Management, Risk taking, Innovation
2. Promotional Functions: Idea Discovery, Detailed Investigation, Assembling the requirements, Financing
3. Managerial Functions: Planning, Organizing, Directing, Staffing, Leadership, Communication, Supervision, Motivation, Co-ordination, Controlling, Negotiation
4. Commercial Functions: Production and oprerations, Finance & accounting, Marketing, HR Management
 What do you mean by the green economy?
An economy is called green economy when it is based on the prinicples of Sustainable Development.
 State 4 Rs and 1U of sustainaibility.
4Rs: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
2 Marks Questions
 List out any two characteristics of wage employment.
1. It doesn’t involve any risk
2. The duties are based on appontment agreement
3. Fixed hours of working
4. Get paid at regular interval
 How an individual can protect life on land?
The life on land mostly dependent on trees. Cutting of trees is leading to soil erosion and making land dry and unusable for cultivation. Planting more tree to replace the ones that we have cut is an important step towards sustainable development.
Section B (1 Mark Questions)
 Define DSL.
Digital subscriber line (DSL) provide Internet access by transmitting digital data over wires of a local telephone network.
 Write full form of (DDL) and DML. Give one example of each.
Data Definition Language (DDL)
Example CREATE, ALTER, and DROP.
Data Manipulation Language (DML)
Example Insert, Update, Delete and Select
 A table named Hospital (containing data of patients of the hospital) is created, where each record consists of several fields including AdmissionNo (Unique Admission Number), Patient_Name, Doctor_Name, Adm_date. Which field out of these three should be set as the primary key and why?
AdmissionNo should be set as primary key because it contains unique admission number to identify the rows uniquely.
 What is the significance of the Entry Required property field?
The field property Entry Required can set ether Yes or No. When the value is mandatory it should be set as Yes otherwise No.
 Expand the following:
1. IRCTC – Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation
2. OLTP – Online Transaction Processing
 Write any two safety measures in the event of fire.
1. Don’t panic and Maintain Silence
2. Do not use lift
3. Do not attempt to push, pull, pass others
4. Find out the nearest escape spot
5. Look for the nearest alarm call point
6. Look for nearest fire appliance and trained person to handle it as well as assembly points
2 Mark Questions
 Aniket is working on a table having a field comm. He wanted to display the records of those persons who are earning a commission. He wrote the following command but unable to get the desired result.
select * from emp where comm !=null;
Suggest him the correct command.
The correct command is:
select * from emp where comm is not null;
 What are the steps involved in creating a form using a wizard?
To create a form using wizard follow these steps:
1. Field Selection and Set up a sub form
2. Arrange Controls
3. Set Data Entry
4. Apply Styles and Set Name
 What are the clauses used with the SELECT command?
3. Order by
4. Group by
 Match the following Column A and Columna B correctly:
|S.No||Column A||S.No||Column B|
|1||Cognitive Impairments||1||Carpal Tunnel|
1 – 3
2 – 1
3 – 4
4 – 2
 Bhavin is a networking engineer in a multinational company. He is confused about types of the network architecture. Explain to him the types of network architecture.
Ans.: Network refers to a collection of computers and other hardware components interconnected by communication channels that allow sharing of resources and information.
There are to kinds of network architecture:
- Peer to Peer (P2P) Architecture
- Client-Server Architecture
- P2P Architecture: In this architecture, all computers have an equal status. Each node or workstation or computer has an equally comptent CPU.
- Client-Server Architecture: In this architecture, certain computers have special dedicated tasks, providing services to other computers in network. The computer which provide services are called servers and the computers use those services are called client.
 Rutvik is paying money from his phone through an app whenever he is doing online shopping. Enlist some UPI based apps that provide online payment facilities.
Section C (4 Marks Questions)
 Vanshika has activated her chat account for the first time. She wants to know some etiquette followed while chatting. Write the same for her.
Ans.: The etiquettes followed while chatting are as follows:
1. Message should be short and to the point.
2. She must introduce herself when the name doesn’t appear on the screen.
3. Always ask the person has time to chat first, however how important she think the onversation, its not goes well if the person is busy.
4. She must know exactly what she want to say.
5. She shouldn’t type the message in Upper Case as it is considered as shouting and aggresive.
6. She need to give people time to respond.
7. At the end she must end conversation properly.
 What are cookies? How to clear browser cookies?
Coockies are programs that are created on your local computer when you visit websites. cookies are meant for storing data based on activity performed during earlier visits. Cookies stores logon details, details of a shopping cart, visited pages in a website etc. They could be also tracaked by unauthorized users and possibly gain access to personal information.
To clear browser coockies follow these steps:
1. Open the browser and click on at the top right corner.
2. Click on more tools.
3. Click on clear browsing data.
4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select all time.
5. Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images files” check the boxes.
6. Click clear data.
 Consider the following table – ‘Candidates’ and write the answer to below given queries:
(i) Display the records of candidates whose city names start with A.
(ii) Add a column status with varchar datatype.
(iii) Display the name, age and city of those candidates whose marks are more than 90.
(iv) Rename column marks to score.
(i) select * from candidate where cname like ‘A%’;
(ii) alter table candidate add column city varchar(30);
(iii) select name,age,city from candidate where marks>90;
(iv) alter table candidate rename column marks to score;
Best of luck to you all!