In this article, we are going to conduct Term 2 Mock Test Informatics Practices Class 12. This mock test will be strictly based on Term 2 CBSE Sample Paper 2022. Let’s start!
Mock Test 1 – Term 2 Mock Test Informatics Practices Class 12
 Consider the given points and identify Who am I?
- The software gives a browser additional functionality
- Developed by a third-party organization
- Can be used by all popular browsers
- Integrated into the browser
- run only when the browser runs
- designed to work on specific browsers only
 Simran is preparing for CBSE Term 2 Informatics Practices board exam. She read the description as:
A collection of related web pages that shares a common domain as well as it is created and maintained by an individual, group, business or organization to serve a variety of purposes.
It provides the facilioty to create and maintain a website and make it accessible to world wide web.
Help her to identify the terms.
(ii) Web hosting
 Sadhna had an interview for the post of a web developer. The interviewer asked her about any four broad areas or services provided through the internet. She tried but didn’t respond well. Help her to recall the answer so she can prepare well for the next interview.
1. The World Wide Web(WWW)
2. Electronic Mail (Email)
4. Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
 Differentiate between web and internet.
Web: It is the interlinking of a collection of WebPages on these computers which are accessible over the Internet. It is today the
most popular information retrieval system.
Internet: It is the huge global network of interconnected computers, which may or may not have any file or webpage to share with the world.
 Predict the output for the following SQL commands:
(i) select mod(power(3,3),4);
(ii) select round(34567.876,-3);
 Sohil has written the following queries:
select mod(23,4) from dual;
select mod(23,4) from students;
A table student has 4 rows in it.
- What will be the output for both commands?
- Are they same or different for both commands, explain in short.
1. The output for commands are as following:
Command 1: 3
Both ouptuts are different. Because command 1 calcuates the remainder at once from the demo table dual. Whereas the table student has 4 rows so the same output will be repated as number rows.
 Praveen asked his subordinate Ankur to write some common facilities provided by email. Write any four common facilities to help Praveen’s subordinate Ankur.
1. Writing email, attachig file, saving email as draft for future use
2. Sending and recieving email to/from people
3. Sending copy of email as carbon copy or blind carbon copy
4. Organising emails in folders and sub folders
 Extract the single row functions and aggregate functions from the following:
Single row functions: round().power(),length(),now()
Aggregate functions: max(),avg(),sum(),count()
 Write the output produced by the following SQL commands:
- SELECT LENGTH(MID(“Informatics Practices”),12);
- SELECT YEAR(“1988/10/27”), MONTH(“1979/12/26”), DAY(“1979/01/26”), MONTHNAME(“1984/10/19”);
1. LENGTH(MID(“Informatics Practices”),12)
 Consider the following table and write the output of the given queries:
|P01||Washing Powder||40||Surf Excel|
- SELECT PName, Avg(UPrice) FROM Product GROUP BY Pname;
- SELECT DISTINCT Manufacturer FROM Product;
- SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT PName) FROM Product;
- SELECT PName, MAX(UPrice), MIN(UPrice) FROM Product GROUP BY PName;
1. PName AVG(uprice)
Washing Powder 40
Tooth Paste 81.5
2. DISTINCT Manufacturer
3. COUNT(DISTINCT PNAME)
4. PName MAX(Uprice) MIN(UPrice)
Washing Powder 40 40
Tooth Paste 85 78
Soap 48 40
Shampoo 22 22
 Consider the following table students and write the output of the queries given below:
(i) select fess-year(adm_date) from students where month(adm_date)>3;
(ii) select sname from students where monthname(adm_date)=’January’;
 Write queries based on the above table for the following:
- Display the details of students from the oldest to the youngest student.
- Display the names and fees of those students who were admitted in 2018 and 2019.
(i) select * from students order by adm_date;
(ii) select name,fees from students where year(adm_date) =2018 or year(adm_date)=2019;