Important QnA Basic computer organization class 11, we will discuss a few questions and answers through this article. So here we go!
Important QnA Basic computer organization class 11
Let’s start the article QnA Basic computer organization class 11 with objective-type questions.
Objective type questions (OTQs)
- The physical and tangible electronic components of a computer system are known as _______. (Ans. Hardware)
- The programs which provide commands to work upon and govern the working on the computer is known as _______. (Ans. Software)
- Which of the following function(s) does not require the user’s involvement – Input, Process, Output, Storage (Ans. Process, Output, Storage)
- The ________ of CPU is responsible for supervising the requests received from CPU. (Ans. CU)
- Which part of the CPU carries out the arithmetic instructions and logical comparison to complete the task? (Ans. ALU)
- The computer follows the IPO cycle that refers to Input-Performance-Output. (True/False)
- The small units of data storage hold the places of data in the CPU is _______. (Ans. register)
- When the power is turned off, data will be lost. This is known as _________. (Ans. Volatility)
- The ______ is volatile memory where ________ non-volatile memory. (Ans. RAM, ROM)
- The PROM is call _______, which stands for One Time Programmable memory. (Ans. OTP)
- The EPROM can take _______ minutes for erasing contents written on them. (Ans. 20)
- SRAM is faster memory than DRAM. (True/Fast)
- The ________ memory is high-speed memory available inside CPU to speed up access to data and instructions stored in RAM. (Ans. cache)
- The ________ is mobile system I/O unit. (Ans. Communications Process Unit)
- The Application Processing Unit (APU) is responsible for governing, and controlling all the common tasks on mobile systems. (True/False)
- The output carried out from the mobile system using _____________ systems. (Ans. Display)
- The mobile system doesn’t have RAM and ROM. (True/False)
- The external storage of mobile systems are known as ____________ storage. (Ans. Expandable)
- The battery in the mobile system is known as ________. (Ans. Power Management System)
- The software that controls the internal operations of a computer is known as _______ software. (Ans. System)
- The program code written by the user is known as _________. (Ans. Source Code)
- The converted code into machine-readable form is known as ________ code. (Ans. Object)
- Which language processor executes the program line-by-line? (Ans. interpreter)
- Which language process executes the whole program in one go? (Ans. Compiler)
- The set of some basic applications are provided by _____ type for application software. (Ans. packages)
- The software made to fulfill users need is known as ________ software. (Ans. tailor-made)
- The pre-written code that can be used to develop applications are known as _______. (Ans. libraries)
- The software provided in Operating Systems to assist the user is known as _______. (Ans. utilities)
- Notepad is a very popular package for documentation. (True/False)
- The _______ software rearranges the files in the computers and cleans up the memory. (Ans. Disk defragmenter)
Now in the next section of Basic computer organization class 11 we are going to discuss subjective type questions.
Subjective type questions
This section of Basic computer organization class 11, will discuss questions for 2 or 3 marks.
The copy of the document on screen is known as a soft copy
The copy of the document taken as a print on paper is known as a hard copy
The soft copy can be edited
A hard copy cannot be edited
Reading on a soft copy is a little bit difficult
Reading on hard copy is easy and comfortable
There is no risk of loss of soft copy until it gets deleted
Hard can be a tear, can be wet or can be destroyed
Manual editing is easy
You can edit it but every time new copy must be taken
- I am known as main memory – Primary Memory
- Unsaved data can be lost if a computer is turned off – RAM
- I perform POST – ROM or BIOS
- I used to increase the speed of CPU – Cache
- I am known as auxiliary memory – Secondary Memory
- 596 MB = __________ KB = 596 x 1024 = 610304 KB
- 14 PB = ____________ GB = 14 x 1024 x 1024 = 14680064 GB
- 135 YB = __________ PB = 135 x 1024 x 1024 1024 = 144955146240 PB
- 10000 MB = ________ PB = 10000 / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 = 0.000009313225746154785 PB
- 1000000 KB = _______GB = 100000 / 1024 / 1024 = 0.095367431640625 GB
In the next topic of Basic computer organization class 11 we are going to discuss memory topic.
Q – 8 Explain Hard Disk in detail.
- System Software
- Application Software
Q -10 What do you mean by system software?
Ans.: System software is the software which performs important internal tasks of the computer. System software is responsible for running the hardware and allows other software to run upon. They provide an interface between the user and hardware.
Q – 11 Write a few examples of system software.
Ans.: Operating system, Language Processors, Device Drivers, Utilities
Q – 12 What are the types of language processors?
Ans.: The types of language processors are as follows:
Q – 13 What do you mean by Application Software?
Ans.: An application software is designed to perform specific tasks. They can only perform only the task which they are meant for.
Q – 14 Name some popular application software.
Ans.: Packages like MS Office, Open Office, Adobe Premiere, Macromedia etc, Business software, Accounting software, General Purpose application software, ERP Software etc.
Q – 15 Write the application software used to do the following tasks:
- To type an application
- To calculate result
- To create a publication
- To prepare a presentation
- To develop a game or software or website
- To manage the database
- For maintaining finance and accounting
- To fulfil the customized need of the user
|1||To type an application||Word Processing Software (MS word, OO Writer etc.)|
|2||To calculate result||Spreadsheet (MS Excel, OO Calc, Lotus Spreadsheet)|
|3||To create a publication||DTP (Desktop Publishing Software)|
|4||To prepare a presentation||Presentation Software (MS PowerPoint, OO Impress)|
|5||To develop a game or software or website||IDE Tools|
|6||To manage the database||DBMS|
|7||For maintaining finance and accounting||Accounting software (Tally, SAP etc.)|
|8||To fulfil the customized need of the user||ERP|