In this article, you will get Important Assignment boolean logic class 11. So here we go!
Important Assignment boolean logic class 11
Objective-type questions (1 mark)
In the first portion of Assignment boolean logic class 11, we will see objective type questions.
Fill in the blanks
- A __________ statement returns either True or False value.
- The logical values can be stored in ______________.
- A __________ represents a Boolean function with all the input and output in tabular form.
- The only boolean function which operate on a single input variable is ____________.
- The _____________ is a boolean operation which perform multiplication.
- The ___________ is a boolean operation which perform addition.
- The boolean expression evaluated from ________ to ___________.
- The _________ operator has high (top) priority in boolean statement evaluation.
- The __________ is a graphical representation of turth table.
- The __________ gate produces the reverse result of AND gate.
Find the questions and answers for fill in the blanks of Assignment boolean logic class 11.
- logical variables or constants
- Truth Table
- left, right
- Logical Gate
The next section of Assignment boolean logic class 11 is having MCQs.
- When the result of any boolean statement is always 1 is known as ___________.
- When the result of any boolean statement is always 0 is known as ______________.
- The logical operations can be carried out by which of the following?
- Values and Variables
- Functions and Laws
- Operators and Operands
- None of these
- To denote NOT operation which of the following symbols is used?
- The dot symbol is used to represent which of the following operation?
- Which of the following are logical statements:
- The Indian cricket team is a world champion in 2011.
- What are the parts of the boolean function?
- There are three types of boolean operators.
- The NOT function can be operated on more than one Boolean function.
- Which of the following gate is also known as an inverter
- Which of the following gate returns a true result if both inputs are true otherwise false.
- None of the above
- Which gate can be written like A & B
- Which gate returns true if both inputs are similar otherwise false.
- None of the above
Now it’s time to check the answers for MCQs for Assignment boolean logic class 11.
1. b.Tautology 2. c. Fallacy 3. c. Operators and Operands 4. a. bar 5. a. AND
Descriptive questions:(2/3 marks)
 Prepare the truth table for a. X+(X.Y) b. X.(X+Y) c. X’ + Y’ d. (X.Y) + (Y.X)
a) X + (X.Y)
c) X’ + Y’
|X||Y||X’||Y’||X’ + Y’|
d) (X.Y) + (Y.X)
|X||Y||X.Y||Y.X||(X.Y) + (Y.X)|
 Write rules for preparing the truth table.
Ans.: The rules for preparing truth table are as follows:
- Check the number of variables of expression.
- Make column for each input variable.
- Make column for each logical expression.
- Write 0’s in first half for the number of rows in first column and then second column respectively.
- Continue the same pattern until the last column.
- Compute result for each operation by considering the input values of variables written in each row.
 Explain the following gates with an example:
- AND refers to A & B.
- It accepts two inputs and produced one output.
- When both inputs are high (1) it returns high (1) output otherwise low (0).
- It simply multiplies the boolean variables.
2. OR Gate
- OR refers to A or B.
- It is considered as inclusive “or”.
- The output is high (1) if either one or two inputs are high (1) otherwise low (0).
- If both inputs are false it produces a false result.
- It is the logical addition of two boolean variables.
- It stands for NOT AND, producing a reverse result of AND gate.
- The truth table for NAND Gate is as follows:
The gate looks like as follows:
- It stands for NOT OR.
- It produces reverse output than the OR gate.
- The truth table for NOR Gate is as follows:
- The logical gate design is as follows:
- It produces high output if the input of 1s is odd, otherwise false.
- It is pronounced as exclusive OR gate.
- The truth table is as follows:
- The logical gate for XOR is as follows:
 Name the following law and verify them using a truth table:
- x + x’ = 1
- x + y = y + x
- x + (y + z ) = (x + y ) + z
- x + xy = x
- (x + y)’ = x’.y’
1. x + x’ =1
It is a Complementary law. The truth table is as follows:
2. x + y = y + x
It is a commutative law. The truth table is as follows:
|X||Y||X + Y||Y + X|
3. x + (y + z ) = (x + y ) + z
It is an associative law. The truth table is as follows:
|X||Y||Z||X + Y||Y + Z||X + (Y + Z)||(X + Y) + Z|
4. x + xy = x
This is absorption law. The truth table for this law as follows:
|X||Y||XY||X + XY|
 Draw logical circuits for the following:
- Y = ab + bc + ca
- Y = (a+b)’ . (a+b)
- Y = a’.b’ + (a.b)’
 Prove DeMorgan’s law.
Follow this link for notes:
To read more about class 11 computer science, follow this link:
I hope you are able to write the answers. Hit the like button if you enjoyed the article Assignment Boolean logic class 11. If you have any doubts or queries you can ask in the comment section. Share your feedback for better content.
Thank you for reading this article.