This article operating system concepts cs class 11 is based on Operating Systems and Cloud Computing Systems. So let’s begin!
Operating system concepts cs class 11
In the next section of operating system concepts cs class 11 we will discuss the need for operating systems:
The need for Operating System
- Provide a platform: An operating system provides a platform to users for running various programs. It allows an interface based platform to their users to work on the computers.
- Run the hardware: Any newly added hardware needs a driver software to work upon it. The operating system then runs the hardware with the device manager.
- Resource management: An operating system manages all the resources of the computer system. It allocates various resources like RAM, CPU, Hard Disk, etc as and when required.
- File Management: The users working on computers can have different files. The operating system allows manipulating the file with a file manager. This file manager determines the file system of the device and then performs the storage operations.
- I/O device management: I/O means Input and Output operations. The operating system manages the input and output device request whenever the user performs a specific task on the computer.
- Error management: While working with computers, you may face errors. This time error detection is very important. So the Operating System is responsible for the detection of possible errors and provides warnings, errors, or information related to the solution.
Now in the next section of Operating system concepts cs class 11, we will discuss some functions of OS.
A brief introduction to Functions of OS
- Processor Management: It is related to allocating CPU time for a specific process and process scheduling. There are different types of process scheduling based on the execution time of the process. Read more on types of processes
- Device Management: There are many devices attached to the computers internally as well as externally with different ports. An Operating System provides a communication channel between devices and CPU.
- Buffer Management: The data whether it is stored as input or output data will be stored temporarily on the system. This temporary storage is known as a buffer. When any signal or request sent to or from an input/output device to the CPU operating system manages them to send in an input buffer or output buffer.
- Spooling: Spooling is used when multiple users are working on shared resources. Operating System stores related data whenever users work on multiple shared devices.
- Memory Management: Computers are connected with CPU and memory. When any task is performed on computers the file or program needs to loaded first in the memory until the task is finished. When the task is finished, it will be made free for another task by the Operating System.
Some of the functions we already discussed in need for the Operating System topic for Operating system concepts cs class 11 notes.
- GUI: It stands for Graphical User Interface. It provides commands and programs instructions with text and images. These interfaces are considered as User-friendly interfaces as users work on them just by click or tap. It provides good and attractive design including the best hands-on experience. Mouse and keyboard both can be used as input devices. One more benefit of this interface is the user need not remember any command or the method as its click to action commands.
- CUI: It stands for Character User Interface It is more secure than a graphical user interface. Users must be trained to use such commands. Every command on CUI has a specific syntax that needs to be followed while working. In this type of interfaces, only keyboards can be used as an input device.
Concept of cloud computing and cloud services
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service): A computer infrastructure based on building blocks that can be given on rent for a physical or virtual server, storage, and networking.
- PaaS (Platform as a Service): It is a platform-based service for the development, deployment, testing, and support of web applications. The concept of cloud hosting is an example of PaaS.
- SaaS (Software as a Service): It is a service which can be in the form of software or application used by the users. It involves the development and support system.
Now let’s discuss cloud computing type for operating system concepts cs class 11.
Private Cloud Computing:
Public Cloud Computing:
- Information related to transaction: Date, Time, and the amount for the specific transaction.
- User information: Username, Digital Signature
- Codes: Unique codes generated during the transaction