The complete guide – how to use mail merge Gmail helps you to do a mail merge on Gmail by using google sheets.
How to use mail merge Gmail
Generally, we can send email to more than one person at a time simply adding them into To field or CC field or BCC field. But in this, all recipients can see other recipients email addresses too. We cannot send a similar email to more than one person on their unique emails directly.
Before starting this article how to use mail merge Gmail, first understand why it is required?
Why mail merge Gmail?
- To mail merge in Gmail
- Send an email to multiple recipients in Gmail
- Create a mailing list
- Mail merge from excel to Gmail
- Track the status of email in google sheet
- Send unique attachments
1. Prepare your email draft
- Click on compose button.
- Type subject for the email.
- Write the body text of the email. Where ever you want to add the field from mail merge write the same field which you have written in google sheet column header. Add the header by inside double angular brackets, for example, <<Name>>.
2. Open Google sheet
3. Add Yet to another mail merge add on
- Click on Add On ￫ Get add-ons the menu in google sheet menu bar. Observe the following screenshot.
- Wait for a moment and until a new screen appears with a list of add ons. Scroll down until you will YetAnotherMailMerge. Click on YetAnotherMailMerge.
- Now it will ask to install this add on. Click on Install. A get ready to install option screen will appear. Click on the continue button.
- Wait for a while until the process finished.
4. Start the mail merge
Click on add ons ⟶ Yet Another Mail Merge ⟶ Start Mail Merge option. Wait for few seconds, google sheet will prepare it for the mail merge.
5. Select the email template
6. Send the emails
- Send emails: To send an email to all recipients
- Delay delivery: You can schedule email when to send
- Receive a test email: To check email delivery on your won email address
Finally, click choose your option to send the email. You will get the following screen when an email sent.