Very short answer questions : (1 Mark)
1. The ___________ feature allows us to make a total of given data into a group with row labels and column headers.
2. Click subtotals option is available under __________ menu to open subtotals dialog box.
3. Which of the following tab is not a part of the subtotals dialog box?
A) First Group b) 2nd Group c) Third Group d) Options
4. The sort option is available in __________ tab of subtotals dialog box.
5. You cannot apply custom sort order into subtotals. (True/False)
6. You can apply subtotals according to columns order which is given in worksheet only. (True/False)
7. The ________ option pops up a drop-down list which contains columns to group by for subtotals.
8. You cannot apply subtotals if the worksheet doesn’t have proper row labels and column headers. (True/False)
9. To display the sum of values _________ option must be checked in the subtotals dialog box.
10. To see the different levels of subtotals the _________ is generated in front of row numbers.
3. A ) First Group
7. Group By
9. Calculate subtotals for
10. Outline or Hierarchy of row labels
Short Answer questions : (2/3 Marks)
2. What are the common functions available in subtotal dialog box?
Ans.: The common functions available in the subtotals dialog box are as following:
3. List out different tabs available in the subtotals dialog box?
Ans.: The subtotals dialog box has the following tabs:
- 1st Group
- 2nd Group
- 3rd Group
4. Explain the 1st group tab in short.
Ans.: The 1st group tab in the first tab of the subtotals dialog box. It provides 3 options:
- Group By: This option provides on the drop-down list of column headers used in the worksheet. Select the column name which you want to display in the subtotals group.
- Calculate subtotals for: It is used to select the value to display the result in a group.
- Use Functions: This option is used to select different functions like sum, count, max, min etc.
5. Explain the options tab of subtotals dialog box in short.
Ans.: The options tab of the subtotals dialog box has mainly two options:
The group’s options are applicable to the group and provides following options:
- Page break between groups: Display each group on different pages.
- Case sensitive: Check the case sensitive data i.e. matches upper and lower case text
- Pre-sort area according to groups: It will sort the data according to results
The sort group option provides sorting options like ascending or descending order and custom sort order according to users.
Long answer questions: (5 Marks)
1. Write steps to create or apply subtotals in a worksheet.
Ans.: To create subtotals or apply subtotals follow the given steps:
- Prepare your data.
- Click on Data → Subtotals. A subtotals dialog box will appear.
- Select the group options like group by, calculate subtotals for, and functions.
- Repeat step 3 for more groups. (if required)
- Click on the OK button.