import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
1. Consider following series object Named ‘Ser’:
What will be output of following statements?:
i) print(ser.index) ii) print(ser.value) iii) print(ser.shape) iv) print(ser.size) v) print(ser)
vi) ser= 999 vii) print(ser[2:])
print(ser) print(ser[: :-1]
2. fruits = [‘Apple’,’Mango’, ‘Banana’, ‘Grapes’]
r2019 = pd.Series([100,80,30,60], index = fruits)
r2020 = pd.Series([150,100,50,80], index = fruits)
print (r2020 – r2019)
r2020 = r2019 + 100
3. ser = pd.Series([5987,5634,3450,2500,1500,7899,6432,8756,9123,4400])
print(ser==1500 or ser==1500)
for i in range(1,11,2):
5. ser = pd.Series(range(1,10))
1. ser = pd.series(range(4))
2. ser = pd.Series(11,22,33,55, index = range(3))
3. l = np.array([‘C’,’C++’,’Java’,’Python’])
s = pd.Series(l,index=[501,502,503,504])
4. ser = pd.Series(range(1,12,2),index=list(‘pqrst’))
1. What is pandas? Explain in details.
2. List out common data structure supported by Pandas.
3. How to use pandas in library in a program? Illustrate answer with an example.
4. What are the differences between series, ndarrays and lists? Explain with example.
5. What is a panda series? Explain with suitable example.
6. How to create an empty series? Explain with suitable example.
7. How to create a series with following, illustrate answer with example :
i. A python sequence ii. NumPy Array iii. A dictionary iv. A scalar value
8. Explain attributes of series object with an example.
9. Name the function that display top and bottom elements of a series. Explain with example.
10. What are the use of drop() and reindex() method? Explain with example.
Program based questions:
1. Write a program to store population of 4 cities with index of previous 4 years. Write functions to do the following:
i) Print average population of year 2019 and 2018.
ii) Print the grand total of all cities population.
iii) Print the highest population of each city.
iv) Print the difference between first year and last year.
v) Delete entry of one year from the series.
2. Write a program to store employees salary data of one year. Write functions to do the following:
i) Display salary data by slicing in 4 parts.
ii) Display salary of any one month.
iii) Apply increment of 10% into salary for all values.
iv) Give 2400 arrear to employees in April month.
3. Write a program to do the following:
i) Create an empty series.
ii) Modify the series with with scalar value 75.